Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Verifying Game files

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

rkka93

Verifying Game files

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm was a big C64 fan, but I'm new to the emulator world. I was excited to find this site and I'm trying to get everything set up for the first time. I've installed the frontend, datebase, and downloaded the screenshots. I've also installed CC6464 and WINVICE.

I've been going through these instructions and hit a problem when verifying games.

'6) Once you have run GameBase and have The GB64 Collection database loaded, you will need to do the following before you can use the database:
- Setup your emulators (if you didn't already do it as GameBase loaded)
- Setup your options (Tools-->'GBC_v09' Options)
- Setup your paths (Tools-->'GBC_v09' Paths)
- Tell GameBase which files you have (Tools-->Verify Available Files)'

I have one set of game files. G64 and D64 file extensions. I've point the Game Path to the directory where those extensions reside. These are not on drive C: like the GameBase is, but neither are the screenshots and they seem to verify.

Anyway, so when verifying it doesn't find any game files. I would have expected it to find one if it was setup correctly.

Where have I gone wrong? And once I have this working, how do you run the game within the GameBase Frontend.

Thank you
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 pm

It sounds like you don't have a set of official gamebase game files. The frontend/database is looking for specific filenames which include the Gamebase ID number. You might be able to rename your game files, but that can be a bit tedious. They can either be downloaded indiviudally, or as complete packs.

The packs are currently only available from torrents so far (at least I haven't heard of other sources yet) from both Underground Gamer & The Pirate Bay. If you download these torrents, you only need the smaller portion of the games archive 'gb6409g' (about 600mb) to get the games to verify. 'gb64v09o' is original games and are part of the Extras if you want to download the entire package.

on UG search for "gamebase 64" (include the quotes).

On TPB search for gamebase64
Last edited by Hidron on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
rkka93

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank you. I definitely didn't have files specific to GameBase. I'll look for those files and see how that goes.
rkka93

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Thank you. This made it work. The torrent from Underground Gamer only had half the titles, but the one from Pirate Bay worked completely.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 pm

The larger of the 2 game torrents (1.8gb) on UG is actually identical to the one on TPB. I am currently seeding the one download from TPG on UG. There was a smaller games package posted on UG (600mb) though that I can't verify as I did not download it.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.

Return to “GB64 Help!”