Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Amiga 1.6 and WinUAE 2.7

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi Mad

Thanks again for your clear explanation. Sorry to bother you with this Amiga Gamebase and thanks for your patience.

I will try your settings and revert.
One question concerning the inputs: Which are the settings read by gamebase? The one set in the "inputs" in WinUAE or the one set into the script? I am still trying to set up the joystick as per my control panel mapping.

I would like to set the joystick with the following keys :

button 1="I"
button 2="W"

Up : R
Left : D
Right : G
Down : F

But I am afraid I did not catch up really how to do that or if settings have to be made into the script file
:?:

PS : mouse is set to Joy1 and working good
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:53 pm

Updated script in your PM...
repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi Mad

Million thanks all inputs are working now and can now use the cab controls :)
I still have choppy sound and slow video but I will try to play with settings again and tweak WinUAE as much as possible considering my PC performance (anyway it's an Intel 3GHZ with 2 GB of ram so it should normally run WinUAE at full speed with no hickups).

Thanks also for the tutorial on how to set the disk B emulation. I will map F12 to one button of the cab to make this work also.
Many thanks finally Amiga Gamebase set up is almost done! :D
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Make sure its set to Direct3D rather than DirectDraw..

It does make a difference, also under audio try choosing WASAPI rather than DSOUND and see if that makes a difference.

Lastly, if you are running Win 8 or Win 10 2 gig isn't a massive amount, its about just over the recommended minimum memory needed, and of course make sure you are not running virus checkers etc (be offline though), with them you have a process baby sitting another process and that in itself affects performance especially in emulators..

Hope it helps...
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:13 pm

And just in case you have XP, get the portaudio library from winuae.net and use that instead of direct sound.

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”