Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Realms of Darkness Failing

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

McDeath

Realms of Darkness Failing

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:54 pm

I've tried the newest version of ccs64 (v3.9 though it says 3.8 ) Doesn't even boot even NTSC.

I tried vice but often crashes anywhere and no character can be created.

And I've tried AppleIIwin the latest version and it crashes or rather just hangs as soon as you encounter a monster.

WTH? I want to try to write a walkthrough this game with as complete monster data as possible but hell.... nothing is working. I suppose if I ever get back to my old pad I can find my C64 and use the real machine (assuming it works) and take photos of each area and monster but this will be just as tedious.

God what the hell is with this stupid game?
May thy inkwell never dry and your parchments not fade away.
McDeath

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Better yet.... I'd be happy if someone just hacked the game:
List every monster with appropriate pics and stats.
List every magic item with abilities (I know the hint book doesn't list all).
And maybe locations of all items and monsters...... I'd be fine with just that. Maybe answers to the hint books questions. I finished it on my true 64 but don't have access to it atm. I just want even a sketchy walkthrough done since I fail at getting all versions of emulation working.

STUPID GAME!
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Re: Realms of Darkness Failing

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 am

McDeath wrote:I've tried the newest version of ccs64 (v3.9 though it says 3.8 ) Doesn't even boot even NTSC.

I tried vice but often crashes anywhere and no character can be created.
Use the GameBase64 version. Make sure True Drive Emulation is enabled in WinVICE and C64 model is set to NTSC mode. Don't use the autostart function and start the game manually with LOAD"*",8 and RUN

/Michael
McDeath

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Game Base version of ROD? Or Gamebase frontend? I'll assume ROD for now. OK will try. I just hope the random Disk not in drive crud don't keep popping up. Had such good rolls too.
Pete Rittwage
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:57 pm

The protection is fairly elaborate, but it worked years and years ago from the originals. I seem to recall that the game itself was buggy, but it could just be earlier emulation tech causing that. I haven't tried it lately.

http://www.gb64.com/oldsite/lost2realms.htm
--
Pete Rittwage
C64 Preservation Project
http://c64preservation.com

Return to “GB64 Help!”