Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

MS-DOS Goldies Update 4

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

MS-DOS Goldies Update 4

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 am

Ok, i'm working on update 4.
Long work this time..che new games are 11 GB and now in update 5 i try to add iso games.
unfortunately iso games require many gb of space so i'll decide after update 4
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 am

Great to see additions but with 11gb updates can we please please make sure only working stuff goes on. Obviously there's no way to 100% check each game but at least if it boots and starts playing is good.

Any that don't just mark off on your side and await updates to DOSBOX etc and then add them if they work.

The only reason I ask this is that MAME as a collection is two thirds non working stuff, many items will never work ie mechanical and others even if they do eventually work will require PC's from the year 2090 to run at a decent FPS (under MAME's dev way).

As said, its great to have the collection of yours and I'm loving it but try and be careful of introducing non working ISO's as the gig download time is huge and a bit of a waste if it does not work.

So far its BRILLIANT but with large ISO's its easy to get bogged down...

Thanks..
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Paul Irvine wrote:Great to see additions but with 11gb updates can we please please make sure only working stuff goes on. Obviously there's no way to 100% check each game but at least if it boots and starts playing is good.
i check all games that i insert.
I left some "not working" because maybe don't work with my systems or dosbox not work very well with my operating system that is WinXP x64.
i'm sorry for STar Trek Next Generation Final Unity if there is problem with swap files, but in the future i fix it forever :)
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm

has anyone been able to get pool of radiance to work?! it keeps asking me for disk 3!

:(
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:43 pm

this is a game that i left because is a part of history, but i hope to find in this new package a working version
The strange things is that i recorded a video for this games, but i don't remeber where is working version.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 am

pondo198 wrote:has anyone been able to get pool of radiance to work?! it keeps asking me for disk 3!

You need to edit pool.cfg in the game zip archive and set the two paths to C:\ then run conf.exe (set this as the game file for the purpose of updating the setup) and remove the save directory path (blank) this will force it to save to root of the virtual C drive, once game has started up exit out and let game archive update itself with the new setup, right click on the game entry and change the game file back to start.exe, the game will now run correctly.
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:43 pm

excellent! that worked great! thanks Ox!
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 am

OX wrote:
pondo198 wrote:has anyone been able to get pool of radiance to work?! it keeps asking me for disk 3!

You need to edit pool.cfg in the game zip archive and set the two paths to C:\ then run conf.exe (set this as the game file for the purpose of updating the setup) and remove the save directory path (blank) this will force it to save to root of the virtual C drive, once game has started up exit out and let game archive update itself with the new setup, right click on the game entry and change the game file back to start.exe, the game will now run correctly.
no, it's more easy.
yust edit pool.cfg and change crom C:\portal in C:\ and stop.
the game will works :)
like this:

E
P
C:\
C:\
F
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:02 am

for now, update 4 will be bigger than others..16 GB..but only today.
i finished "S" letters..
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 am

Seiya wrote:for now, update 4 will be bigger than others..16 GB..but only today.
i finished "S" letters..
You mentioned an 11gig update, is this the same one or is there another one out there?
-------
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:31 pm

it's the same.
Some compressed iso file was to slow to load and more slow in re-zip.
so i have decompressed and some games are very big.

Phantasmagoria are 2 GB and some other games are on about 500 MB.

Tonight i finished to add all games that working with my check.
now i have to insert 4 iso games and then a way to upload..

ah..i have to finish info detail and to find manual and walkthrough, oitherwise i insert them in a special update
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:17 am

this is the list of some iso games not compressed

Alien Odyssey, Alien Virus, Alien: A Comic Book Adventure, Dragon Lore: The Legend Begin, Kingdom: the Far Reaches, Man Enough,
Mortal Coil, psycho, Phantasmagoria, Prisoner of Ice, Screamer2, SimCity CD, Space Quest 6, Star Rangers, StarWars REbel Assault, Starfighter 3000 e
startrek Next Generation, The Lawnmower Man, Trial by Magic, Voyeur, Wipeout,

total games after this update: 3690
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:16 am

Superb update and thank you for the time taken on it, yet another superb gamebase that joins he ranks of the great gamebases out there.

The level of detail people put in to them is just wonderful..

Looking forward to this update, I just hope people bother to seed it longer :)
-------
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:08 pm

however you have to wait becuase info detail and search for some extra will be slower.
i hope to upload very soon
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Good stuff Seiya, keep them updates coming, really good gamebase.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”