Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Asterisk autoload – Not PRG specific – 1 game only

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

trebor

Asterisk autoload – Not PRG specific – 1 game only

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Gamebase64 v7.0
Gamebase front end v1.3

WinVice 2.3 series (Specifically latest 2.3.20 - Not that I believe it matters).

I'm looking to have a *.D64 image load using the wildcard '*' instead of picking a PRG file within the *.D64 image.

For example, disk image RUSHNATK.D64 will be mounted to Disk 8:

I want the command to be issued after the mount...
LOAD"*",8,1

...instead of...
LOAD"RUSH'N'ATTACK.PRG",8,1

How can I perform this for just the one game?

I looked through the documentation and script options, but cannot seem to nail down how to accomplish this task.

Thank you in advance for the help and support.
trebor

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Close to 500 views...

Does anyone know whether or not the wildcard (aka "*" asterisk) can be used instead of picking a specific PRG file inside a *.d64 file, when the image is utilized and ran under WinVice via Gamebase64?

WinVice does the function automatically, when you select Auto Load/Boot via its GUI. However, I would like to be able to just run it under Gamebase.

I need it to autoload that way ("*" asterisk) for just one game, and wonder if anyone knew the command/setting/script change that can do it for the one title...In this case, Rush'n Attack (Not Green Beret - This is the actual US release).

Again, I want GB64 to mount the d64 file and use the wildcard load and run command (Load"*",8,1) instead of it needing and selecting a PRG file within the disk image.

Thanks again in advance, even a yes or no if it is possible would be appreciated.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:35 am

The only way load"*",8,1 will work is if the game file you want to load is the first or only file on the disk image.

This works in all emulators via Gamebase automatically.
Just make sure the autoload function is selected and saved in each of the emulators config file.

script to switch autoload on for WinVICE and HOXS64

Code: Select all

If GameType CONTAINS(d64||g64)
Add_CLP( -autoload %gamepathfile%)
End if
Run_Emulator()
script to switch autoload on in CCS64

Code: Select all

If GameType CONTAINS(d64||g64)
Add_CLP( -autorun %gamepathfile%)
End if
Run_Emulator()
trebor

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:05 am

Thank you for the reply, it is appreciated.

Return to “GB64 Help!”