Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Problems to Setup GB64 for Macintosh

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Diarrhoe

Problems to Setup GB64 for Macintosh

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello,

first of all I have to apologize for my english - school is many years over and i didnt trained it a lot.

I love this project and installed the mac frontend. Downloaded the DB and all works fine. No screenshot, no extras, no games.

OK, I have Emulators and set em up in the settings. I have plenty of sids and c64 games (zipped from d64 format). But nothing worked, I dont have a menu where I can edit the games path oder put new games to the database.

Then I figured out that I can download here the screenshots. I copied the folder into the gb64 folder and all works fine! Now I have screenshots, what Iam still missing is a correct link to the game and sid.

Maybe ou can help me out. For example the correct names of the folders and subfolders.

Help would be great! Thanks a lot.

Cheers Dia
Diarrhoe

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Figured it out. Puh a lot of work awaits me xD

One Question left:

What is the "extra" tab and how can i activate it?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 pm

The extras are anything other than the game itself. Activiating it will require adding the expected extras to the proper folders, then clicking Tools, Verify & checking the proper boxes. This can include alternate versions of the game (usually original, uncracked versions of the game), screenshots, sids, documention, advertisements, etc.

About halfway down this page http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39391 there are some links to torrents. 1 is just extras, but the games pack also contains some original games (uncracked, since gamebase normally uses cracked games by default). There are also links there I believe to download the entire package or from http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... c&start=75 from normal download sites.
Diarrhoe

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:38 am

Hidron wrote:The extras are anything other than the game itself. Activiating it will require adding the expected extras to the proper folders, then clicking Tools, Verify & checking the proper boxes. This can include alternate versions of the game (usually original, uncracked versions of the game), screenshots, sids, documention, advertisements, etc.
And thats the problem: I cant specify any folders! There is no option for it in the mac version.

Anyway, I downloaded a huge torrent and got covers, magcovers, tips, manuels and adverts. I placed em all in the "extras" folder and all shows up - except for the adverts. They wont show. I searched in this forum but couldnt find any answers.

Ah before I forget, the photos of the musicians wont show either.

Thanks for your help so far.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 am

I don't think I have ever seen the musician photos in gamebase, just viewed manually. The download was from V05 I think. Not even sure it still uses them.

Looking at my backup (don't currently have it installed since a recent format), it looks like the Advertisements are stored in \Extras\Adverts

When you are looking at the extras list in Gamebase is it actually showing the Adverts & they are greyed out, or just not displaying them at all, while showing the other extras?
Diarrhoe

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks for your help.

The miracle with the photos is solved ;-)
When you are looking at the extras list in Gamebase is it actually showing the Adverts & they are greyed out, or just not displaying them at all, while showing the other extras?
OK, I put the adverts in the extra folder but they wont show. Maybe it is not supported by the front end of the mac port.
All other extras - except the adverts - are showing up in the extras tap.

Thank a lot Hidron.
Diarrhoe

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:40 am

OK, i had a closer look at the database - there is no entry for the adverts. That would answer my next question... How may I add informations (pics, tests covers) to the database.

Problem is, that I will screw the db up with the next update and all work will be lost.

I have tons of material (about 1000 tests of games and magcovers in german) - can I attach the stuff here ?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:08 pm

I believe I added extras in the past by right clicking the game from the list in Gamebase, selecting Extras & entering the information in the box that popped up.
Diarrhoe

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Hidron wrote:I believe I added extras in the past by right clicking the game from the list in Gamebase, selecting Extras & entering the information in the box that popped up.
Not for the mac -.-

I think its time to install gb64 native as windows app via wine. Good looking GB64 under OS X without any functionality isnt worth to keep it on my harddisk.

Thx for all your help.
Napstrophe

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:07 am

Hi Diarrhoe, I'm trying to set up gamebase64 on my mac and I can't even play the games. Can you please tell me how you got the correct game path and also which emulator you're using and any other important details?

Return to “GB64 Help!”