Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GamebaseST progress v0.2 - v1.0

Discuss the Atari ST database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Cord, Paul Thompson

Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

GamebaseST progress v0.2 - v1.0

Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:51 pm

For those who are interested GamebaseST is still progressing at a rapid pace, the next release will be v1.0 with 1000 games. The current state of development is as follows:

554 games are now supported:

40 Harddisk games
65 ST High Compatible games
32 STe or STe Enhanced games

2336 screenshots, at least three or more per game

275 games have music attached, mainly in the excellent SNDH format. But since some game music is impossible to rip, for example, Starglider, Captain Blood, Disc, and Barbarian, I have converted the music to MP3.

I have made a concerted effort on documentation for games for the next release, and so many manuals, solutions, hints and tips, and cheats have been ripped from disk menus and made PC friendly, for example:

175 games have manuals
29 games have maps
40 games have solutions

Lastly, many games also have adverts and boxscans attached:

232 boxscans (front & back)
167 adverts

Watch this space for more progress updates!
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:40 am

great news :D
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fantastic news...

Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:10 am

I am still working on my NES database (thanks once again for the cd you sent!).
I will be keeping my end of the deal and sending you the next NES release.

Much kudos guys!

Arthur.
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:00 pm

Hi Arthur

I look forward to seeing your NES Gamebase :D
Gu

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:52 pm

Due to my time away from GamebaseST its progress was effectively halted for some 3 months, thankfully this has not been the case now for some 3 weeks. The following is a brief summary of the current state of development:

770 games are now supported:

42 Harddisk games
33 STe or STe Enhanced games
106 ST High Compatible games

3227 screenshots, at least three or more per game
361 games have music attached, mainly in the excellent SNDH format.
213 games have manuals

GamebaseST's uses only one game per disk, this has meant re-authoring a large amount of games for the collection, a game on a menu disk transferred to its own disk for example. We also unpack games (were possible) to get the cleanest image possible. If fact, in some cases when a game needs to be unpacked it takes longer to start under emulation, which gives us another reason to unpack them. We do not take anything away from the original crackers who are credited in GamebaseST.

The hard drive games in GamebaseST run directly from the front-end just like a floppy game would. We went down this route because of ridiculous disk swapping in some games. For example, Cruise for a Corpse and Monkey Island both benefit highly without the dreaded 'Please insert disk x'!

Watch this space for more progress updates!
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:55 pm

Why even when I login and post it sometimes still says Guest for my post :( Must keep doing something wrong :oops:
At
Ataribob

Long wait it is

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:02 pm

Thu Sep 09, 2004

Long wait.

The Extra' games you have listed on your site has the same link and the mail emule link.
So thay won't download

:shock:
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi Ataribob

I suggest you read the GamebaseST forum properly since v1.2b was released about two months ago :!: There was never a v1.0 release because Cord who is doing the CD install is very busy moving house, and so I decided to release a beta without a installation program, however it is the full thing. The files for v1.2b can be downloaded as a torrent or from Atari Legend who have them on thier FTP.

Return to “Atari ST - GameBaseST”