Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Comprehensive list of GB projects?

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Boulder

Comprehensive list of GB projects?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Is there a comprehensive list of Gamebase projects somewhere (not sure if bu22.com is updated)? I've got lots of stuff on my HDDs from here and there (from Underground Gamer to this forum) but I'm probably missing a lot and am not sure if everything's up-to-date.

I'll be building a small retro gaming and media center box out of my Chromebox soon so I'd like to fill it with Gamebase goodness :D
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:12 pm

I think http://www.bu22.com/ is the closest thing there is. Unfortunately, it requires the authors to provide & update the info. Some of those authors (420 comes to mind) stopped working on the projects long before that page started.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Boulder

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks for the answer - I guess I should start gathering links from bu22 and also from this forum, and then see if I can come up with some kind of a list. It's a lot of work though :?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Due to the fact a GameBase can be created by anyone, for there own collection of favourite games, films or music.
There is no official release list.

Some systems even have 2 or 3 GameBases by different creators.

If you can think of a computer system or console where emulators and roms available, odds on there is a Gamebase for it somewhere.
While the best, this is not the only site to be looking.

I know of a few that have never been mentioned in these web pages. ;)

If you are looking for a GameBase for a particular system, make a request. You never know your luck.
Dax has probably already uploaded it. 8)
Boulder

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:46 pm

The thing is that I'm just looking to grab stuff from my childhood - things that I remember and things that I no more do but hopefully will recall when I browse through the GB release itself :D

I'll start collecting links one at a time, we'll see how it goes. In the end, a list could help others who are also looking for GB stuff. The databases etc. are usually small enough to keep them shared in a public torrent indefinitely.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:43 pm

.mad. wrote:I know of a few that have never been mentioned in these web pages. ;)
Me too :wink:

I heard that someone in Russia made some mirrors of original Gamebase compilations. If I find it, will provide the link.
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:34 pm

I had almost forgotten about these lists, but you may check out the following links. A user was trying to start a list of systems, noting ones a known gamebase existed for.

List of Home Computers (With Commercial Games)

List of Home Game Consoles

List of Handheld Gaming Consoles
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Boulder

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:49 am

Hidron wrote:I had almost forgotten about these lists, but you may check out the following links. A user was trying to start a list of systems, noting ones a known gamebase existed for.
Thanks, those links are very useful indeed.

Return to “The GB64 Website”