Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Please help

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Maxwel

Please help

Sun May 17, 2015 6:52 pm

I am not a emu newbie, but i cant figure this out.

Is there a step by step for how to get the Gamebase v13 setuo with The gamebase frontend ?

I know it sound stuopid, i have done this a long time ago, but now cant remember.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun May 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Here is a copy of the info.txt file included in the install. I do find it weird that this file does not seem to be available to read until after the install though. There does seem to be a step missing. Step #2 should start out telling you to run the GB64V13.EXE file.

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - DO NOT SKIP
=================================================
To install and setup The GB64 Collection on your computer successfully, please follow these instructions, in the following order. Once this installer has finished, these instructions can be found in the file info.txt in your \GameBase\GBC_v13 folder.

1) If you haven't already done so, download and install the latest version of the GameBase frontend (from http://www.bu22.com/). The minimum required version for this database is GameBase v1.3.

2) In the next setup screen, choose your GameBase folder from the Browse dialog. The GameBase64 Collection v13 will then be installed in a subfolder called GBC_v13.

3) Once installed, *** BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING *** please backup the database file "\GameBase\GBC_v13\GBC_v13.mdb" somewhere safe. This backup may be needed when we release future updates to the GB64 Collection. IF YOU DO NOT KEEP THIS BACKED-UP DATABASE, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY FUTURE GB64 DATABASE UPDATES YOU RUN WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

4) If you have downloaded the GB64 screenshots, sids, extras etc., GameBase will run more efficiently if these are placed on your hard-disk rather than on a CD or DVD. Note: This database is set to work with the HVSC update #60, available from http://hvsc.c64.org/.

5) Download and install any C64 emulators that you wish to use with your games.

6) Once you have run GameBase and have The GB64 Collection database loaded, you will need to do the following before you can use the database:
- Setup your emulators (if you didn't already do it as GameBase loaded)
- Setup your options (Tools-->'GBC_v13' Options)
- Setup your paths (Tools-->'GBC_v13' Paths)
- Tell GameBase which files you have (Tools-->Verify Available Files)

7) If you are upgrading from a previous version of The GameBase64 Collection, as long as you kept your old database (.mdb) file, you can import your personal info (favourite games, highscores, ratings, times played etc) into v13 directly from the frontend. To do this, go to "Tools->Import Personal Info" from the main GameBase window.

That's it! If you have problems, our forums are located at http://www.gb64.com/forum/. Have fun!
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Maxwel

Sun May 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Okm thanks.

I still dont get the frontend to load the database.

I installed the V13 collection in g:... and Gambebase frontend in a different dir, how do i get frontend to load the database ?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon May 18, 2015 12:29 am

The database needs to be in a subfolder of the frontend. Also the name of the folder will need to match the name of the .mdb database file.

For the frontend:

\Gamebase

For the C64 gamebase:

\Gamebase\GBC_v13
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.

Return to “GB64 Help!”