Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Playing these games with Vice on a PSP?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

fluent

Playing these games with Vice on a PSP?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 am

Hello everyone.

Please pardon my newb-ness, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get these games running in Vice emulator!

I am playing on a PSP. I load the .zip in Vice, it starts the game. Great! Then, it tells me to insert Side 1 or some other disk, and this is where I get stuck. Where are these other disks and how do I load them?

Please don't tell me I have to manually unzip every one of these games in order to play them. Is that what I have to do? I was hoping to just have them all ready to go in Vice after downloading them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I'm using 6.60 PRO-C custom firmware on my PSP. The game I'm trying to play is Wasteland. Thanks,

Fluent
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:01 pm

yes, you will have to extract all multi-disk games.
Unless PSP Vice extracts the ZIP to a temp folder or something.

It's best to extract each game to it's own folder.
This will make it easier to find the 2nd disk image.

select from VICE menu.
File, Attach Disk Image, Drive 8.
and browse to your other Disk file.
fluent

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks! I actually figured out what I was doing wrong, though.

I was using Vice PSP instead of PSPVice. Once I got the newer PSPVice, the games started working properly, even as .zip files. I occasionally have to swap a disk or whatever, but it works now without any issues. Yay!

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get screenshots to load for each game in PSPVice, so when I hover over the game to load it, it shows a screenshot as well...
fluent

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 am

I have a zipped file (.zip) of the screenshots, but where do I put it so that PSPVice recognizes it and shows the screenshots? All my games are still zipped, by the way, and they mostly all work, but I'd like to get screenshots to show as well. Any ideas?

Return to “GB64 Help!”