Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Bug with gamebase 64...

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Bug with gamebase 64...

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:27 am

I have installed gamebase 0.95...

If i browse by category and genre and i use the cursor keys and scroll up too fast, this makes crash gamebase and after that it is not possible to restart it forever except reinstall the software!!!

I got the error message:

Run-time error "91"
Object variable or widt block variable not set

Do you have any idea of what file is corrupted?

Thank you!
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:46 pm

have you tried installing the vb6 runtimes?
Gu

Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:38 pm

It was working for many months before i got the problem...

I got the same problem last fall and reinstalled everything solved the problem...

:cry:
Gu

Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:40 pm

Ok,

I have found how to recover. A part of GB64 registry keys were corrupted and i know how to restart gamebase now, just delete the corrupted section...

So this is a bug that is pretty easy to reproduce and that corrupt the registry preventing gamebase for working after that...

Anybody interested in this information?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:23 pm

Thanks. This is a known bug that was discovered during beta testing. The crash can happen in any view, but the slower and more overloaded your system is, the faster it will happen when holding the arrow key (up or down). As you discovered, deleting the GameBase registry key that holds the starting game ID will allow you to restart.
-J2010C-
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:51 pm

J2003C wrote:As you discovered, deleting the GameBase registry key that holds the starting game ID will allow you to restart.
Hmm, this sounds more like an invalid entry in our database which will cause the application crash.

In case somebody can reproduce the fault, please mail me the GameBase registry keys so we can analyse the reason for the crash.

Thanks,
Michael
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:56 pm

Anyone can reproduce this bug. I have done it with 3 different computers. Just open several apps, like all of MS Office or something that really taxes the OS, make something visible in the second column (e.g. game info-> comment), then start at the top of GB and hold the down arrow. GB will give you a "Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set". It may take a couple minutes of scrolling before GB crashes (and sometimes locks up), but it is always reproducable on my 1GHz or less machines, and I always get the error before I have scrolled past the 'B' games. I haven't had the problem with the registry values getting screwed up with v0.95, but did have that problem with earlier versions (pre db v2.5). If I remember correctly, James gave this a fairly low priority on the old BugTracker, since the probablility of this bothering anyone is minimal, and it is easily avoidable.

Woo-hoo! I passed Michael as the forum post leader, which makes sense, since I have nothing better to do than write essays here, while Michael does real GB work! :wink:
-J2010C-

Return to “GB64 Help!”