Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

OFF TOPIC - Retro Gamer closes

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

OFF TOPIC - Retro Gamer closes

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:56 pm

Live Publishing have gone into administration, meaning no more Retro Gamer...

If you were a regular on the excellent Live forums, head over to

http://forum.retrosurvival.co.uk

where you'll find familiar topics, familiar people and news on a project that is rising from the ashes...
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:08 pm

Bit of a sickerener for those who've just subscribed to get the free c64dtv thingie. Only ever bought two copies myself, the GBC issue and the last one with the Zzap Tribute thingie. Definitely a good read with some great articles, but the £5.99 price always put me off . I know it's because they only had limited advertisers, so the cover price had to cover almost the full costs. But I'm sure if it was priced under a £5 at least they might have sold a lot more, I might have bought every one instead of just buying the 2 issues with articles of special interest.

On a side note Merman, looks like I dragged my heels long enough in replying to your email it no longer matters. Sorry bout that....
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:26 pm

Don't worry about that. I'll e-mail you about what I plan to do with the article...
Gu

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:30 pm

I would advise everyone to get along to the new Retro Survival forums (URL in Merman's original post) and join in the chat - Its great to see so many people from RG's forum have joined up.
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:31 pm

Erm - The above post was from me - I wish someone would fix the forum bug where it involves logging in twice! :(

EDIT - Are normal members allowed signatures? I've tried enabling mine and clicking every option to YES but it still won't display. I would like to plug the above forum in my sig.

One other thing - Could a mod go through and remove some of the stickies from the 'Collection' section? There are way too many and some havent been used for a good few months?

Sorry for the moaning! :oops:
www.lemon64.com - The world best C64 site!
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:46 pm

You need to select the attach signature box when you make the post, unless you have it set to do it automatically. It's not retrospective, old posts without the box ticked won't suddenly acquire the signature at the bottom just because you've changed the profile to do it automatically.

I've edited your post and selected the attach signature block and it seems to work fine.
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:57 pm

Thanks Martin for the speedy help! 8)
www.lemon64.com - The world best C64 site!
Demon Cleaner

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:18 am

I subscribed to Retro Gamer over 1 year ago, great magazine, too bad it is no more. Here is the answer of a guy at Retro Gamer:

I am Simon the editor of the Retro Revival fanzine.

I thought I would register just to put a few facts stright as it can get a little confusing...

When Retro Gamer ceased, the freelancers decided to create a forum called Retro Survival (www.retrosurvival.co.uk) and through this forum they plan to release issue 19's contents on a cdrom.

Retro Revival (www.retrorevival.co.uk) on the other hand is a fanzine and has nothing to do with Retro Survival, the RG freelancers or Retro Gamer itself. It is totally independant, been going since August 2003, and is a free PDF download released (usually) every 3 or 4 months.

Whilst I thank you for your comments regarding the fanzine, I thought I would make it clear that both Retro Revival and Retro Survival are totally seperate entities in their own right, each as good as the other!

Regards
Simon
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:12 pm

In case people were unaware...

Retro Gamer from Live Publishing is no more...

Welcome to Retro Gamer from Imagine Publishing!

www.retrogamer.net

Issue 23 has just been released.

Return to “GB64 Help!”