Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

deleting games from GB64

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

deleting games from GB64

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I need to delete one game entry from the gamebase 64 database.If this is possible how can I do that?
:?:
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Guessing here you are referring to the offline copy on your own machine.

With the Gamebase running, highlight the game entry. Then select File -> Remove -> Selected Game/SID... (or can just press the DEL key on your keyboard)
It looks like you can also select for deletion the files linked to the entry too, so be careful with this.

Alternatively, the .mdb file is supposed to be a Microsoft Access format, so any compatible editor should work too.

If you are referring to the online copy, you will need to state why you feel it needs to be deleted.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi hidron

Yes it is of course the offline versio I mean the gamebase 64 database included with the latest gamebase pack for the C64.
Reason behind that is I think this entry due to the odd name it has is screwing up the game list generated by my frontend Gameex. Actually I cannot page the list by letters as when I get to that name (starting with an "a" and some odd letters), the next paging move will bring me to letter "z" on the list. I need to test and see if problem can be solved by taking this entry out.
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:58 am

Run the GBToolbox.
Right click the MDB file of your collection and click "Scan and Fix errors" and "Compact".
repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi KC

Thanks I will try as you suggested :-)
repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi KC

Fixing errors will not solve the problem. I have then deleted the entry and noticed that the paging will advance till the next entry with an odd letter (ä) so the problem comes from some games name. I will check then. Is it possible the to rename the game I/0 deleting it?

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”