Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameEx 11.45

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

tspeirs

GameEx 11.45

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:47 pm

I hope I am not going to get flamed here. I really like this project and several years ago someone posted a topic entitled "can it make a console?". Referring to running GameBase with just gamepads or arcade controls. There was little interest at the time but its something Ive been meaning to build into GameEx (cant post address) for quite a while. Thanks to the new version of GameBase with GBLauncher this suddenly became very easy.

The latest version of GameEx can now work with a GameBase installation and the various collections.

Here is the news release:

-------------------------------

17th December, 2010 - GameEx 11.45
GameBase support

GameEx can now utilize an existing GameBase installation and support and make use of included collections. The feature is pretty much plug and play with only two settings and does require the newest version of the GameBase front end to be installed.

It includes substantial database support and also works seamlessly with artwork and extras.

C64 Rulez!

GameBase is the work and copyright of James Burrows and is a great standalone front-end in its own right. Hopefully, I am improving on the concept by bringing it a step closer to being used on Media Centers and Arcade Cabinets.

---------------------------

Now, before I hear the the screams and how I am the devil and all that - GameEx is available as a free and registered version and is not just an emulation front end. However ALL the gamebase related features are in the free one. In addition Id like to offer any major contributors to this project a free license. Just get in touch with me.

Thanks for reading.
Tom Speirs.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 am

Hi Tom.

Great news! This is the reason for writing GBLauncher in the first place so I'm glad you managed to integrate it successfully.

I actually use MaLa on my cab, but if you don't mind bunging a license my way I'd be interested in trying GameEx for sure.

Cheers

James
tspeirs

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Jimbo wrote:Hi Tom.

Great news! This is the reason for writing GBLauncher in the first place so I'm glad you managed to integrate it successfully.

I actually use MaLa on my cab, but if you don't mind bunging a license my way I'd be interested in trying GameEx for sure.

Cheers

James
Hi Jimbo,

I am glad you approve. Just pm me or email me with your email address.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”