Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Next Version

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Sharky

Next Version

Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:27 am

Im just curious what changes are planned for the next version of GameBase.

We're up to 0.95, and noticed changes with the musician and photo fixed,

Someone requested a 3rd column but I guess thats not so important right now.
Maybe the controller selection such as (Joystick Port 2, Lightgun, etc) could be displayed with the other info.

Just curious what fixes and changes are planned.
Thank-You for reading my post.
Gu

Well...

Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:09 am

Haven't really thought about it yet... I am enjoying a GB coding holiday right now :)

However, if anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them here for consideration!
Gu

Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:05 pm

3rd column! 3rd column! 3rd column! 3rd column! :D

oh, and a 4th, too! ;)
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:25 pm

i don't see the need for a new gamebase, this one is fine :D , the only niggle i've got with it is that when you zoom into a screenshot it appears larger, but after you've loaded a game, you try and zoom into another screenshot and it pops up but it's the same size as the shot in the screenshot window, restarting gb sorts this prob out, but as soon as you start a game, the problem reoccurs :?
Sharky

Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:00 am

Well, anything can always be improved.

Another less important feature I was thinking just then about what mine be nice.
GameBase activity logging, meaning is creates a txt or log file with in folder, stating what game was played and what time, and for how long...

Instead of just saying How many time played and Most played game. It good it someone else is using your GameBase, you can go back and check just to make they're were playing those naughtly games.

:) :wink:
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:30 pm

there is a last time played entry in the personal tab, although this only shows the most recent date
Sharky

Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:54 am

1 minor bug which Ive noticed in Gamebase is the 2nd column not always updating after editing your game info.

I was using "Game Length" as the 2nd column last nite, and was updating them, but they were not updating.

but by using "Cracking Group" as the 2nd ccolumn, there were no problems.
Gu

When will be released next gb64 version with queued games?

Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:38 pm

When will be released the next version of gamebase (games and base cd's) ? I have downloaded and burned both games and base cd's in v0.95. When next version will be available? (a version who will have included all queued games) For half year, or for four years? Please answer. And in which form? As next full ISO images, or as updates?
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Re: When will be released next gb64 version with queued game

Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:56 pm

turrican wrote:When will be released the next version of gamebase (games and base cd's) ?
Don't know!
I have downloaded and burned both games and base cd's in v0.95. When next version will be available? (a version who will have included all queued games) For half year, or for four years? Please answer.
At the moment the team is relaxing a bit after all this hard work in the past! I have actually added only a few games from the queue.

It will take as long as it takes!
And in which form? As next full ISO images, or as updates?
I planned an official update on the database and the GBC for December when we reach 16000 entries. My time is limited at the moment so who knows...
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:17 pm

SexyWayne wrote:i don't see the need for a new gamebase, this one is fine :D , the only niggle i've got with it is that when you zoom into a screenshot it appears larger, but after you've loaded a game, you try and zoom into another screenshot and it pops up but it's the same size as the shot in the screenshot window, restarting gb sorts this prob out, but as soon as you start a game, the problem reoccurs :?
What emulator do you use? See if it happens with all emulators or just a particular one. My guess is that you are using a fullscreen emulator? I've never seen this bug before.
-J2010C-
Sharky

Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:41 am

I was just thinking, one nice feature would be the ability to delete invalid enteries (Publisher, Musician, Cracking Group, etc.).

Over these couple of years ive got serveral 100s of invalid entryies, as I continue to add more and more games to Gamebase.

The invalid entries using come up when you delete the game, and can create invalid entries to your prevouis, Musician, or Cracking Group, or w/e
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:27 am

For my master database I have setup a query which lists all unused data.
This can be easily done via MS Access.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:21 pm

J2003C wrote:
SexyWayne wrote:i don't see the need for a new gamebase, this one is fine :D , the only niggle i've got with it is that when you zoom into a screenshot it appears larger, but after you've loaded a game, you try and zoom into another screenshot and it pops up but it's the same size as the shot in the screenshot window, restarting gb sorts this prob out, but as soon as you start a game, the problem reoccurs :?
What emulator do you use? See if it happens with all emulators or just a particular one. My guess is that you are using a fullscreen emulator? I've never seen this bug before.
sorry for the slow reply, it happens everytime with ccs, it's fine using vice until you go full screen, so your theory is correct, is there any solution to this problem?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:44 pm

You should probably upgrade DirectX to the latest version and make sure you have the latest video drivers for your system. If this doesn't work, then it is probably a rare bug that is caused by a conflict with your video dirvers.
-J2010C-
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:55 pm

J2003C wrote:You should probably upgrade DirectX to the latest version and make sure you have the latest video drivers for your system. If this doesn't work, then it is probably a rare bug that is caused by a conflict with your video dirvers.
i'm running dx9 and i've got the latest nvidia drivers running already, i had the same problem on my old system too which had a completely different video card and dx8 :?

edit: could it be that i'm running my desktop at 800x600? it's the highest my cacky old monitor will let me go to :(

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”