Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Next Version

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Sharky

Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:12 am

SexyWayne wrote:
J2003C wrote:You should probably upgrade DirectX to the latest version and make sure you have the latest video drivers for your system. If this doesn't work, then it is probably a rare bug that is caused by a conflict with your video dirvers.
i'm running dx9 and i've got the latest nvidia drivers running already, i had the same problem on my old system too which had a completely different video card and dx8 :?

edit: could it be that i'm running my desktop at 800x600? it's the highest my cacky old monitor will let me go to :(
1024x768 should be the miniumun for Gamebase (Well for me it is with my mupltie screenshots, etc) and I would get problems if I tried using GB and emulators using 800x600.

I suggest its time to plan getting hold of a new monitor or more modern monitor, many modern applications including some emulators are designed for at least 1024x768. :)

While my monitor is fine, I gotta start planning in upgrading my CPU before i get totally lost in time. :roll:
Thank-You for reading my post.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:44 pm

yeah my pc is now the equivalent of a ferrari in a beige box, but my monitor is the equivalent of a morris minor :D

i always wondered how to multiple screenshots, now i know it's my resolution too low :oops:
Sharky

Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:39 am

:o 1 big difference I noticed in GB and GB64 is that GB64 gives you the option if you would like your Personal Comment to smoothly scroll in your comment tab.

I think its a real cool feature in GB64 yet GB doesnt do as yet.

:)
Thank-You for reading my post.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:36 pm

Scrolling comments were mainly intended for extremely long comments that would otherwise get cut off. Since there is now the Notes tab, there is no need to put large comments in the comments field.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”