Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Unzipping games from Gamebase frontend...?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Unzipping games from Gamebase frontend...?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:36 am

I like to use Gamebase with my copy of HDD64 so I have a dedicated C64 server but I have a small problem. I have to exit Gamebase and then go out to the games and unzip the one that I want to play. Is there anyway to unzip the game from inside gamebase to a specified directory so then I could exit gamebase and load it in HDD64?

I have messed around in the program but can't find anyway to launch an external program other than an emulator.

Thanks for any help!!!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:08 pm

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. You should be able to set up any external executable to run via GameBase. Each game is extracted to the smae directory, and it deletes the previously extracted game to the same directory after deleting the prevous one (C:\GBGame\rezip\). I don't know much about HDD64, so I'm not sure what the C64 is looking for. If you give me the details, I'm sure I can write a GEMUS script for you that will do what you want. GameBase's GEMUS is very flexible.
-J2010C-
Gu

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:25 am

After getting your suggestion I looked into GEMUS and realize now that I could do it all along. Guess it helps to read the directions :shock:

Thanks for the tip.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”