Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

How to disable Steam to update games automatically

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

AmariTurner

How to disable Steam to update games automatically

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Hey buddies, I have installed Steam on my computer. The issue is Steam automatically updates games that I would not want all time. Does anyone have any idea how to disable Steam for auto-update games?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Re: How to disable Steam to update games automatically

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:10 am

You can individually change a setting so a game only updates automatically when you launch it. They can also be manually updated from the 'Downloads' window in the Steam client when set that way. Unfortunately, I think this must be done on a per game basis, and is not possible to set this as the default.

-In the Steam client, right click a game in your library, and select Properties.
-In the window that pops up, there should be an 'Updates' option along the left side. Click that.
-The top choice here should be 'Automatic Updates'. Change this to 'Only update this game when I launch it'
-The change is saved automatically, so you can now close the properties window.
-You can now go to the 'Downloads' window in the client and update games manually, or just let the update happen when you launch it.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
AmariTurner

Re: How to disable Steam to update games automatically

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Thank you so much Hidron for your guide. I have also solved the problem from here. Here is written the solution very clearly with pictures. After taking your suggestions I changed the settings into "Only update this game when I launch it".

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”