Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase - Progress updates

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Gamebase - Progress updates

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi people, things have been kind of quiet lately on the gamebase front (summer lul?) so was just wondering about the progress of gamebase projects that are currently in development out there, updates, new projects and systems being considered.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm still slaving away on my Oric Gamebase. The game count is 1218 but the next release should have well over 1300 games. Good news about some of the missing games, It appears the Rhetoric Disk images are going to be released sometime in the near future and these have many rare and currently unavailable games on them :)
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Nintendo DS GameBase is done up to latest release.
it stands about 230GB so far. (eek!)

i do have a problem with it, hence no release yet.
The desmume-0.9.9-win32 / DeSmuMe r4670 emulator runs extremely slow when run via GameBase.
Making it less than useless.

Even tried using sendkeys rather that the clipboard to load the rom but it has same slow speed results.
any ideas welcome.

latest no$GBA is out now, so will give that a try over the weekend.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:21 pm

.mad. wrote:Nintendo DS GameBase is done up to latest release.
:shock: I'm going to need a bigger hard-drive :D
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Tubbs3622 wrote:I'm still slaving away on my Oric Gamebase. The game count is 1218 but the next release should have well over 1300 games. Good news about some of the missing games, It appears the Rhetoric Disk images are going to be released sometime in the near future and these have many rare and currently unavailable games on them :)
Good news, I've hunted high and low for those rhetoric disks
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:25 pm

.mad. wrote:Nintendo DS GameBase is done up to latest release.

i do have a problem with it, hence no release yet.
The desmume-0.9.9-win32 / DeSmuMe r4670 emulator runs extremely slow when run via GameBase.
Making it less than useless.

Even tried using sendkeys rather that the clipboard to load the rom but it has same slow speed results.
any ideas welcome.

latest no$GBA is out now, so will give that a try over the weekend.
Any idea what's causing it .mad.? Tried taking off the rezip and wait until closed options?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm

OX wrote: Any idea what's causing it .mad.? Tried taking off the rezip and wait until closed options?
yes i have those as my default setting.
also roms aren't even zipped to save loading time.
it's confusing, as the emulator runs ok when gamebase is closed.
there's a conflict somewhere... but i don't have a clue. :?
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Re: Gamebase - Progress updates

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 pm

OX wrote:Hi people, things have been kind of quiet lately on the gamebase front (summer lul?) so was just wondering about the progress of gamebase projects that are currently in development out there, updates, new projects and systems being considered.
Still working on my GB "VIC-20 Reloaded" Project
Creating the "Extras" is very time consuming....
Release maybe this year :? (depending on my free time)
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Re: Gamebase - Progress updates

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Vicman wrote:
OX wrote:Hi people, things have been kind of quiet lately on the gamebase front (summer lul?) so was just wondering about the progress of gamebase projects that are currently in development out there, updates, new projects and systems being considered.
Still working on my GB "VIC-20 Reloaded" Project
Creating the "Extras" is very time consuming....
Release maybe this year :? (depending on my free time)
Nice one Vicman, looking forward to it.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 pm

.Mad, have you tried setting either the gamebase to run at a lower priority or the emu to run at a higher one?

As for all the people updating, thank you..And a huge thank you to all that have made GB's for us all to enjoy.

Maybe one day the Amiga one will get the update it deserves, Belgrath did a superb job but we understand why he wanted to stop, sad times.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Paul Irvine wrote:.Mad, have you tried setting either the gamebase to run at a lower priority or the emu to run at a higher one?
found the problem.
it was something to do with the firewall hogging my system when gamebase ran the DSemuME emulator.
quite odd as all other gamebases work ok.

uninstalled Privatefirewall and it works fine.
who knows of a good free firewall for XP (i might need one).
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 am

I use the comodo free firewall and so far have zero complaints about it, I'm a stickler for knowing everything that is dialing out so to speak and Comodo can be set up to be that detailed or just use known safe programs which get automatically allowed.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:56 pm

I am still working on DOSBase. I am currently working in the 'I' letters, and the game count so far is 6123 games. Progress has slowed due to a combination of the closing of U.G., as well as it being summer, and I am working long hours - preparing for our halloween business later this year. Progress will pick up again in November, and remains continous even now - just at a slower pace.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I will be releasing another GB TI99 soon, added approx 60 - 70 new entries since V2.00
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:46 pm

I got here late good to see you figured out the problem with your NDS Gamebase because I have my own but never released it because of its massive size .. anyway I use the same emulator you do and I run it on Win 7 64 bit and have never had any slow down issues. Sorry that's to late to help you much I suppose but again at least you figured it out

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”