Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase - Progress updates

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:54 am

Paul Irvine wrote: Maybe one day the Amiga one will get the update it deserves, .
Discussed this with .mad. a while back, I had started updating it (only got up to about the letter D or E) when .mad. mentioned he had also started some work on an update, anyway .mad.'s idea for the update was better and he also has better resources but I suppose it got stuck on the back burner (he's a busy lad) so maybe one day.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm

i finished update 5, only 56 games, but i'll release it when update 4 has at least 10 seeds
and now i make update 6 with only iso games and other extra.

update 7 should be only extra: solutions and manuals or quick guide.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:29 am

ok..i'll add c&C dos series. i have french version, but today i found english version
Other games are in french, but iso gaming is much better
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Progress update for Gamebase Oric :-

Game count is now 1267 with a couple of the rare, missing games added. I have also spent a lot of time going though the entire Gamebase correcting the basics such as publishers, authors etc and removing/correcting the hacked games. I have found many games published in books and magazines that already existed online, modified and credited to the the person who no doubt typed them in many years ago. These will all be corrected in time.

I still have lots of work to do on this project (I may have OCD lol), so there will be no new release this year. I want the next release to be the final one so it must be as perfect as can be. :D
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:53 am

Tubbs3622 wrote:Progress update for Gamebase Oric :-

Game count is now 1267 with a couple of the rare, missing games added. I have also spent a lot of time going though the entire Gamebase correcting the basics such as publishers, authors etc and removing/correcting the hacked games. I have found many games published in books and magazines that already existed online, modified and credited to the the person who no doubt typed them in many years ago. These will all be corrected in time.

I still have lots of work to do on this project (I may have OCD lol), so there will be no new release this year. I want the next release to be the final one so it must be as perfect as can be. :D
Thanks for the hard work Tubbs, another chapter of gaming history carefully recorded.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Awesome news - I have just obtained all ten of the Rhetoric disk images so now have a stack of rare games to add to the Oric Gamebase (including the extremely rare Grand Prix by Alistair Way). Thanks go to Dbug for the files 8)
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Tubbs3622 wrote:Awesome news - I have just obtained all ten of the Rhetoric disk images so now have a stack of rare games to add to the Oric Gamebase (including the extremely rare Grand Prix by Alistair Way). Thanks go to Dbug for the files 8)
Good stuff. Had a good search around for these before without any luck, we can play Lode Runner now :)
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:46 pm

how many games has gamebase amiga 1.6?
i have for my use, added some extra games but now don't remember how games i added..
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:35 pm

OX wrote:
Tubbs3622 wrote:Awesome news - I have just obtained all ten of the Rhetoric disk images so now have a stack of rare games to add to the Oric Gamebase (including the extremely rare Grand Prix by Alistair Way). Thanks go to Dbug for the files 8)
Good stuff. Had a good search around for these before without any luck, we can play Lode Runner now :)
Unfortunately, Lode Runner isn't on the Rhetoric Disks. The missing games on these disks are :-

Tyrant
Hexplode
Bar Blaster
Arrow of Death pt 1
Arrow of Death pt 2
CyboJudge
Grand Prix
Rockrun
Ten Little Indians
League Soccer
+several previously unknown games

I have also managed to get the files for "Big Baston" and "Tetrix" thanks to Symoon and Muso.

I am sure that one day I will obtain 'Lode Runner' as well as the remaining missing games. There are several people in the Oric community who certainly have these games but I don't want to annoy them with my persistance :wink:

Today has been great for Oric Gamebase (I also found some type-in games from Hebdogiciel scans not in the Gamebase), so I don't want to push my luck. Watch this space... :D
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Well if you know people out there that has other stuff then I'd be alerting them to the existence of your gamebase project Tubbs, I certainly found that people were more eager to help out when find it's not just for personal gain and more for the preservation of gaming history.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 pm

OX wrote:Well if you know people out there that has other stuff then I'd be alerting them to the existence of your gamebase project Tubbs, I certainly found that people were more eager to help out when find it's not just for personal gain and more for the preservation of gaming history.
Unfortunately the Oric community is small and I have to be grateful for the help I get. I am sure that my Gamebase project is well known within the Oric Community by now (everyone on 'defence force' is aware of it). Another issue is that the CEO (Club Europe Oric) is still running after all these years :shock: so any games published by them could be regarded as copyright theft if included in the Gamebase (there are many in there anyway...). :?
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 am

well, you can insert only games that are not published by them
But this CEO sell this games?
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:34 am

Seiya wrote:well, you can insert only games that are not published by them
But this CEO sell this games?
The CEO distributed the games back in the 90's on a disk that came with a monthly magazine. The CEO is still running and I have asked a contact to check with them if the missing games released by them can be freely distributed (he has disks for them but is unsure himself). This only affects a few of the missing games and 'Lode Runner' was published by OUM which ceased to exist many years ago, so will be unaffected when I finally obtain a copy.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Great news OX, I've managed to get a copy of Lode Runner and it works perfectly (there used to be a corrupted copy available some years ago). :D
Last edited by Tubbs3622 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Tubbs3622 wrote:Great new OX, I've managed to get a copy of Lode Runner and it works perfectly (there used to be a corrupted copy available some years ago). :D
Nice one Tubbs

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”