Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

MS-DOS Goldies Update 4

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Look forward to it Seiya, I have been seeding your previous 3 updates on and off for about 2 weeks now. Gonna need the HDD space for the next update date though so if people need the previous updates get downloading now as I have pretty decent upload speed.

I'm currently on a 5x ratio for the updates and 10x for the original base but like I said i'm gonna need that HDD space soon.
Author: Gamebase Atari 5200, Gamebase Atari 7800, Gamebase Odyssey 1, Gamebase APF, Gamebase Channel F, Gamebase Action Max, Gamebase VideoBrain.

Contributor: Gamebase Archimedes , GamebaseST, Gamebase RCA Studio II
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:03 pm

i now..i'm thinking to buy a 2 TB hd only for emulator and gamebase :)
i have 3D0 and my Mini Sega Saturn gamebase that are 30 GB of data each..

and in the future if i'd like to update with other iso, this require more and more hd space..

however now i'm finding some double games so i delete it and searh some games to replace it.
i'd like to have 3700 games at least..

in this update i have fix some games so you have to replace anything. Mortal Kombat 1 now has audio and i changed dragon's lair archives and other minor fix.
I'm searching (and maybe some of you could have it) SQ4 16 colors..
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm

I have the 16 color version in the DOSBase collection. But why would you want to release it in the Goldies collection? I thought the MS-DOS Goldies gamebase was essentially a collection of the best games of the DOS era, and the best version available for each. Maybe I'm just confused a little.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Who's to say what should be contained in anyones gamebase projects? I love the MSDOS gamebases but if I'm honest I use Seiyas simply because it does'nt have entries with missing ROM's that I really don't have time to source myself.
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 am

I hear ya OX. I guess I could have released the CD images as a torrent somewhere. There are currently 139 Gig of them as it stands now. I just wanted to get a small sampling out there for people at Christmas time. I had no idea that someone else was gonna come flying in and release another DOS gamebase only a couple of months later. I have been working solo on this massive database for the past couple of years, and I felt it was important to make sure that all entries were correct as far as names, patches, video modes supported, shareware (registered and demo), etc.. It was also as important to include every piece of additional materials available like manuals, covers, maps, walkthroughs, etc.

I was simply trying to model the gamebase after the actual GB64 one and, if I'm not mistaken, there are actually still several ROMS listed in it that are currently unavailable as well.

And, just as a side note, as I'm sure Seiya will attest, I had asked Seiya if he would like to combine our efforts and release one massive and complete DOS gamebase to which he replied:

"I think our projects are different. My gamebase is a little dos gamebae with some oldies goldies (cdrip, floppy rip), while your will be the best dos gamebase with full games, cdrom games and many more."

I guess thats why I thought Seiya was putting together a smaller gamebase that only highlighted the DOS era.

I agree with Seiya in that allowing people to have the choice between the two is a great option. In the end, DOSBase may indeed be a more complete database of the games, but it will probably only be attractive to hardcore/serious collectors and not casual gamers, especially due to the sheer size of it.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:09 pm

yes, my first idea was to make a goldies dos with only the best games, but then i'd like to try to insert all dos games to have a complete or at least with many dos games and some windows remake.

unfortunately my dos source are very limited..what i collect in various year from internet (disctontinued and poor download) or games that i bought (only on cd-rom)

however i like "ms-dos goldies" name :) and good to have a day 1, 2 or more dos gamebase.
Level 9 gamebase collect many adventure from dos..

i think that it's better to have 1 or more choice in gamebase.
there is a complete Sega Saturn gamebase and i made a small Sega Saturn gamebase (it's big, so i don't know if upload it).
i have start and then left, mac gamebase, i'd like to continue with my Sega Megadrive with only EU/US games, but it's a very free time project. I start a DS gamebase with only 8 GB of games..so very small Nintendo DS..

The problems is that some gamebase are very big in size...DOSBase, MS-DOS goldies are very big, idem 3d0, Saturn, DS, Gameboy..Amiga (with all SPS, WHD and ADF games)
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 pm

dosbox detect with fade 2 black an 1x cdrom speed (on iso image) and disable audio.
Can i set a higher speed?
It's strange, because dosbox should be detect maximun speed..
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:25 am

As per the Dosbox support:

you have to start the game with F2B -2

Of course, this will force audio playback , but the stereo channels will be reversed, so you should choose a basic soundblaster card and not a soundblaster pro or soundblaster 16 when installing.

There is currently no fix for the stereo issue, but someone may develop a patch in the future for it.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

thanks, i'll try.
so if it works, i delete f2b rip and add iso image
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm

and with this new update i'm finding too many double games..made with other updates..:(
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

ok it works. thanks again :)
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:34 pm

finish..at the end there are 3667 games..
some games could be doble.

now, i'm search to add some other games then i think i'll made a special update with lacking extras
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 am

ok

here the torrent link

http://forum.tntvillage.scambioetico.or ... pic=348952

i'm search to finish update 5 with some more games and iso games and at the end a special update with lacking extras
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 am

Thanks but please please ask the guys on that forum to seed it and not jump off.

At the moment its saying it will take 7 WEEKS which if it stays at that speed for too long I'll not bother simply because I don't like leaving my machine connected 24/7 to a torrent especially as there could be some copyright angles an ISP could throw at me the downloader / sharer..

So the faster the better :)
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm

now i'm seed becuase today i have to turn off my PC
and i have 100 kb/s in uplaod, my maximum..

however with the first seed, i'll export on other sites

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”