Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Oric v0.5

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Gamebase Oric v0.5

Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Gamebase Oric v0.5 by David Craddock

Released on 19/05/12

This release has 344 games and once again has a large number of new extras, both to existing and new games. Big thanks go to Symoon, who helped me with additional extras that I sent him years ago and had since deleted (Doh!). I still have hundreds of games to add to this gamebase so it is far from complete :)

Once again the Oricutron emulator is included (Thanks Xeron!) so it's simply a case of putting the "Oric" folder in your gamebase directory and you're good to go!!

You can find the Gamebase on 'underground-gamer.com'. I have some free passes to this site if required, just let me know ;)

I don't know when the next release will be, but I can guarantee it will have at least 450 games !!!

Have fun, fellow Oric fans!

Dave.. (dave3622)
Last edited by Tubbs3622 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Tubbs, does it include newer stuff like O-Thrust, Impossible Mission, 1337, Space 1999, Stormlord and Skool Daze?
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 19, 2012 12:52 pm

It's got those games you mention apart from Skool Daze which I don't think has been released yet.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat May 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I have been downloading/seeding each release, but this is the first time I have actually installed it. It is looking really good so far.

Verify is finding 1 missing file (Extras):
103 Overview P\Probe 3\probe3_gl.jpg 19 Probe 3
I am guessing this should be pointing to overview.jpg ?
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks Hidron. You're right about the missing file, it's fixed now.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri May 25, 2012 8:41 pm

V0.6 is now available at the usual place. The latest release has 445 games (ok not the 450 I promised :oops: ) and other general improvements to the Gamebase.
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE:

Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 am

Wow sounds like another great gamebase but does this gamebase have anything different to what Oricmania gamebase has.

Just curios.

S.S.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue May 29, 2012 11:34 am

Hi, this gamebase currently has approx 110 more games than Oricmania and I am still working on it on a regular basis. The next release should have somewhere in the region of 600 unique games :)

There are also a huge number of screenshots and game cover scans, manuals etc that Oricmania doesn't have.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm

I had planned to update Oricmania at some stage, as i have many gamebases to my name, but would now be a waste of my time, now that someone has a bigger gamebase than mine. So Oricmania is now a dead project, which should be replaced by the new Oric gamebase.
Gamebase Developer
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:52 pm

V0.7 has now been released at 'underground-gamer.com'. This release has 532 games, including some hard to find games such as 'Loch-Ness Monsters'. I still have some free passes to this site if required, just PM me with your email address and I will send you one.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Dare I say it - the problem with downloading regular updates from UG is that it hits your ratio and mine is'nt great to start with so I'm either waiting for release 1.0 or downloading your recent version from here if someone like Dax decides to up it.

Who was the idiot that rated your upload with negative marks?

Thanks for the hard work by the way, non GB creators don't realise the amount of hours that go into these things.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:42 pm

OX wrote:Dare I say it - the problem with downloading regular updates from UG is that it hits your ratio and mine is'nt great to start with so I'm either waiting for release 1.0 or downloading your recent version from here if someone like Dax decides to up it.

Who was the idiot that rated your upload with negative marks?

Thanks for the hard work by the way, non GB creators don't realise the amount of hours that go into these things.
Thanks, I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time on this lately and also understand what you mean about the ratio issue with UG. I am actually releasing these regularly for the same reason - to increase my ratio !!! Obviously I don't expect anyone other than the most ardent Oric fans to download every release but I like to give people the choice.

I'm trying to work it so that release V1.0 is the final release until more new games become available.

I've no idea why the gamebase was rated down almost immediately but the negative rating has been removed so all's good there :)

I would happily upload the Gamebase (400MB) elsewhere if anyone can tell me where it is possible for a file this size. I may consider uploading to Usenet as I have an Easynews subscription.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Somewhere like rapidshare would be good as it would at least hold for a few weeks before it was removed and not everyone has newsgroup access.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Maybe the negative vote was an accident? I know I have clicked the wrong rating button before.
non GB creators don't realise the amount of hours that go into these things.
Some of us sure do, although I am more of a moral support kind of guy.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 pm

OX wrote:Somewhere like rapidshare would be good as it would at least hold for a few weeks before it was removed and not everyone has newsgroup access.
Let he posts final version first. I did not downloaded it yet, because too many updates in very short time. So, I'm waiting... and appreciate it a lot 8)
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”