Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Oric v0.5

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Just want to let everyone know that V0.9 should be considered the final version for the foreseeable future. I have slowly been adding more games since the last release but have been lacking motivation, however yesterday I returned from holiday to find my house had been burgled and my PS3 and Xbox360 taken along with a company car worth over 10 grand and other smaller personal items.

I now currently have zero motivation to continue with this gamebase and will be spending my spare time upgrading my security and working overtime to replace lost items (the home insurance company won't pay out due to a small upstairs window being left ajar).

V1.0 WILL be released, that is a promise, but it will not be for many months, certainly not this year. :cry:
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Sad to hear the news.

The insurance company is the real crook. :evil:
Doesn't take a big man to kick you when your down.
Shame on them!
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm

I sympathize with You.
I wish You good luck.
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:48 pm

That is terrible. I hope you didn't lose anything that is not replaceable. The insurance companies don't help either. Their #1 goal to pay as little as possible.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
sjakie43
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 pm

My symphaties m8,

Thats a terrible shock when coming home, what a basterds ! :evil:
Sadly there are folks that have nothing better to do :roll:

Sjakie43
Sjakie43

Demobase Creator

C64 Maxi with Vic20 mode :shock:
THEVIC20 with C64 mode :?

and more....
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks guys, It seems all they wanted was the company car which is covered by work, however the PS3 and Xbox360 were nice extras for them to throw on the back seat and sell on for easy money. Anything else they took was of insignificant value. I've changed my PSN+ password and Xbox live password but frankly I'm just glad my house is still in one piece and my cats are still alive.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm back on with this project. The game count is currently at 820 but I have enough games (mainly type-in's) to break the 1000 barrier and I'm still finding new games on a regular basis. The next release should have been the final one, but due to several missing games and the discovery of new ones there will likely be a V2 released at some point. The V1 release will be out early next year :)

edit. Just managed to obtain the ultra rare 'Awari' by Kenema Associates, missing from the Gamebase. I asked a seller if he would remove it from a computer / games job lot on eBay and relist as a ' buy it now ' for a realistic price and he did, so now it's headed my way and will be added to the Gamebase :D
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 pm

V0.95 seems to have made an appearance on UG. Quite unexpected :wink:
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 am

Very unexpected. I know I wasn't expecting another update this year.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:47 am

Hidron wrote:Very unexpected. I know I wasn't expecting another update this year.
It was going to be next year, but I have typed so many games in from books and magazines I was getting paranoid that my hard-drive would crash or some other disaster would happen. Now it's out there the games are safe :)
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Don't know if you have this collection in there Tubbs - http://www.hebdogiciel.fr/oric.htm

The games get updated as people find them/type them in.

Edit: Done a quick check and it looks like their is stuff in the above link that isn't in the gamebase.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks OX. I did download all the games from that site and thought I'd added them but I could be wrong. I believe some of those games are actually utilities so I may have excluded them deliberately, but I will double-check. PS, game count now up to 884 - found several new games online today on an obscure FTP site :lol:
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

OX wrote:Noticed a few extras like wav's and disks need to be set to use GEMUS and not STANDARD.
Just spent a few hours cleaning up all the extras, making sure TAPS and WAVS work and deleting redundant files. Also implemented the new GEMUS script you provided to load the WAVS. Thanks :)

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”