Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

PC-88

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:03 am

PC-88

Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Hi everyone, after doing a Sharp X1 gamebase, i'm now working on another Japanese machine the NEC PC-8801. This one has plenty of available titles to include. This one will take a while to do, but will be well worth it.
Last edited by hardmanm on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamebase Developer
Starscream
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

That's going to be great. Are you using the Tosec-set?
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:15 pm

Fri May 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Excellent news - I really enjoy Gamebases for systems I could never get access to.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:03 am

Fri May 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Starscream wrote:That's going to be great. Are you using the Tosec-set?
Yes, its huge
Gamebase Developer
User avatar
.mad.
Respected Member
Respected Member
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Re: NEC PC-8801

Fri May 11, 2012 5:07 pm

hardmanm wrote:Hi everyone, after doing a Sharp X1 gamebase, i'm now working on another Japanese machine the NEC PC-8801. This one has plenty of available titles to include. This one will take a while to do, but will be well worth it.
Nice!, i love japanese games.

i spent months renaming a pc98 rom set from a japanese site.
pretty sure most 88 games are in the collection as well.

this is NOT a TOSEC set, and has loads more games in the collection. And the main MDB is done with screenshots.
Just need to rezip and link the games as there are several versions (file types) of each game.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:03 am

Re: NEC PC-8801

Fri May 11, 2012 6:17 pm

.mad. wrote: Nice!, i love japanese games.

i spent months renaming a pc98 rom set from a japanese site.
pretty sure most 88 games are in the collection as well.

this is NOT a TOSEC set, and has loads more games in the collection. And the main MDB is done with screenshots.
Just need to rezip and link the games as there are several versions (file types) of each game.
Any chance of you releasing your project with the PC98 games.
Gamebase Developer
User avatar
.mad.
Respected Member
Respected Member
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Re: NEC PC-8801

Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm

hardmanm wrote: Any chance of you releasing your project with the PC98 games.
yes, but i am very busy at the moment on a Saturn GameBase.
which i only started to take a break from all that Japanese file renaming. :?

it's approx 20GB of disk & HD images, which will probably 7z merge to about 6GB.
Uploading will take over a week, as torrent speeds are throttled to 1kb after 6pm for me. :cry:
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:03 am

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:51 am

Having spent 3 months on the PC98 project i'm now looking to continue this project but i require screenshots, does any one have or know where i can find some good quality PC 88 screenshots?
Gamebase Developer
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:15 pm

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 am

Any news of an update, been looking forward to this one.
Author: Gamebase Atari 5200, Gamebase Atari 7800, Gamebase Odyssey 1, Gamebase APF, Gamebase Channel F, Gamebase Action Max, Gamebase VideoBrain.

Contributor: Gamebase Archimedes , GamebaseST, Gamebase RCA Studio II
Seiya
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 am

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 am

you can make a release in more update to be more easy for you to share with a good speed of upload
Seiya
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 am

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 pm

i don't remember that someone was working on pc-88....
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:03 am

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Seiya wrote:i don't remember that someone was working on pc-88....
Hi Seiya, I stopped work on it ages ago to work on other projects.
Gamebase Developer
Seiya
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 am

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am

i'm working con pc88 because i don't remember of your initial work, however i go on, but it's very difficult for japan only games..

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests