Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Apple2GS

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wolfenstein 3d etc.

Wed May 20, 2009 2:59 pm

There are a couple of games that seem to boot the UI (ala workbench for the amiga I guess?), but then cannot see the data disc for the game required.
Aa the actual game is still in the Zip file, the emulated OS cannot see it....
What does one do there?
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

ahem

Wed May 20, 2009 3:15 pm

That would be because wolfenstein3d has the game disc in a subdirectory, within the zip!
hmmm.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Deja Vu 1 & 2 contain a system disk like workbench as well as the game disks, you could extract a copy and put a copy in any that require a system disk. Did know about that problem but didnt check every game. You boot it off the system and then mount the game disk in slot 5 disk 2.
Gamebase Developer
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: ahem

Thu May 21, 2009 12:39 am

arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com wrote:That would be because wolfenstein3d has the game disc in a subdirectory, within the zip!
hmmm.
Yeah, I noticed the folder in the zip also....It makes it imposible to browse for "disk 2" without unzipping. :? It kind of sucks. :(
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu May 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Also for Bard's Tale it asks for the character disk, I don't
know how to use it or even if there is one?

Otherwise it looks awesome

Also this might be in the wrong place but I d/l Amstrad CPC gamebase not the mania one and actually I got both versions

but none of the emulator scripts seem to work..either I need better emulator versions or something?
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 23, 2009 2:48 am

Having trouble getting roms to run. I have the GB installed, and the paths verify ok, and I moved rom version 1 to the top under Gemus, but most roms I've tried won't load. I either get a "Loading Error" message or "Boot Error" or "Unable To Load Prodos" error. Some did load okay, though. (For example, Arkanoid works, but not Arkanoid 2 - but after I moved rom version S to the top, Arkanoid 2 worked.). Is this just a matter of trying each rom version with a particular game until it works, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, Anybody know why I can't configure my Logitech keypad to work right with mess? Is there a trick to it? I've tried going into the joystick options, but nothing I select seems to make any difference. The buttons work, but I can't seem to configure it. The thumbsticks are all wonky.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 am

It seems some games require a system disk to boot before inserting the games disk. If someone compiles a list of the games with issues for me i will have a look at trying to fix them. Wolfenstein dosnt work due to it needing 4MB and mess only allows 2mb for some reason. Deja Vu 1 & 2 do included a system disk which is booted first, then you need to mount the game disk in one of the virtual disk drives, using one of the drop down menus.
Gamebase Developer
joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:25 am

Yep, I use KEGS for Windows as my Apple2GS emulator of choice. I like it! It's easy to setup, and has run about everything I've tried on it... Wolfenstein 3D is just as cool as the DOS version, without question. (Almost exactly the same really).

Thumbs up for the 8-Bits!!

JB
Joe Bucci
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 am

I have just done a major update to this gamebase to improve the look and compatability. This has now been uploaded onto http://www.underground-gamer.com without the emulators due to there rules. If some one whishes to upload a version on one of the many web based hosting sites i don't have a problem with that.
Gamebase Developer
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:12 pm

I have just uploaded the emulator pack here http://www.mediafire.com/?tmqj45eisjafxlq
Gamebase Developer
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Is this possible to add it to Apple2Mania ?
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:45 pm

To be honest i wanted to split them up again, so that apple 2 and apple 2GS are seperate gamebases. I've already created an newer apple2 DB without the GS stuff.
Last edited by hardmanm on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamebase Developer
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 am

I have Apple2Mania and I was wondering what to do. Now it's clear :D
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE: Apple2GS Gamebase

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 am

hardmanm wrote:To be honest i wanted to split them up again, so that apple 2 and apple 2GS are seperate gamebases. I've already created an newer apple2 DB without the GS stuff.
Where can we download the newer Apple2 DB from

Thanks
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:35 pm

the Apple2 DB isn't finished yet, it will be early next year.
Gamebase Developer

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”