Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase NES

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Can someone upload Flarps NES GB?

Iv'e got some version with 951 games and have'nt a clue who the author is or where I got it from.
chfortier

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 pm

I have downloaded a nes gamebase with 951 games from undergroundgamer. I think it's the Flarp version.

http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=38606
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 am

chfortier wrote:I have downloaded a nes gamebase with 951 games from undergroundgamer. I think it's the Flarp version.

http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=38606
Any idea which is the most "complete" version?
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 am

Mine is most complete in terms of extras and info but it is only US released games. Flarps had all the roms but was lacking in other areas.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:15 am

user42 wrote:Mine is most complete in terms of extras and info but it is only US released games. Flarps had all the roms but was lacking in other areas.
Would be nice to have a joint effort
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Well I am happy with my US NES GB so I will just keep updating that. A while back Flarp had expressed an interest in incorporating my extras into his GB and I gave him the "go ahead" but I think he gave up on it.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 pm

user42 wrote:Mine is most complete in terms of extras and info but it is only US released games. Flarps had all the roms but was lacking in other areas.
My choice is GB NES USA by "user42"
why ? because (I think) the best games for NES machine are available in this GB. How maany great games for NES are available in non-USA regions (EUR, JAP) ? I think not so much (I live in Poland, I don't know chinese characters, consider that)
also having roms with such maany extras is satysfying me much more
nothing against Flarp, of course :)

So, I can upload "user's42" (aka sjakie ?) GB NES USA, if anyone wants
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
sjakie43
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:38 pm

:?: AHUM :?:

It wasnt me ! 8)

Sjakie43
Sjakie43

Demobase Creator

C64 Maxi with Vic20 mode :shock:
THEVIC20 with C64 mode :?

and more....
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:48 pm

too much of sun today, sorry then ;)
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm

mcx997 wrote:
My choice is GB NES USA by "user42"
why ? because (I think) the best games for NES machine are available in this GB. How maany great games for NES are available in non-USA regions (EUR, JAP) ? I think not so much (I live in Poland, I don't know chinese characters, consider that)
also having roms with such maany extras is satysfying me much more
nothing against Flarp, of course :)

So, I can upload "user's42" (aka sjakie ?) GB NES USA, if anyone wants
Yes please.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 am

mcx997 wrote: How maany great games for NES are available in non-USA regions (EUR, JAP) ? I think not so much (I live in Poland, I don't know chinese characters, consider that)
i don't know any Japanese either. (shame on me)
But there are many classic games in Japanese only.
spending a little time going through menus will reap rewards.

maybe you can miss the plot on some story based RPG, but i have even finished some of those in Japanese. :?

as for which NES Gamebase to get, that's easy to answer.
both! :P
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:21 pm

One nice thing with Flarps GB is that where there is an Eng patch for a Japanese game he has added the patched version.

Both GB's are well worth the addition although you will get crossover games on both.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Actually I did combine mine with his and was adding all the Nintendo Power stuff as well as if the NES game has a movie it was based on the movie including the movie as well but the project is very large, I currently have 977 games included. I was also adding in any video walkthrus anyone did so you could watch how others played the game like on a speed run. It is 35.2 GB with the movies but not sure if I legally can do that.. and 11.1 GB without them.. I have many projects going at the same time like my PS, PS2, NDS.. and I haven't worked on my NES project in awhile.. and I never finished adding all the info from the other NES gamebase like year of game and genre and stuff like that although I started doing that.. anyway It is much better than my original release but it will never be as good as I want as I'm always tinkering.. My internet provider also linits me to 150 GB of bandwidth per month so perhaps next month I can try and post it somewhere but it is huge.
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 am

Well I might start working on the NES gamebase again.. If I leave off the Movies and the Video Walktrhus. I can get it down to 8.77 GB. It is just nice to see that from this thread people actually appreciate it. Also my version has many if not all nes prototypes some of which are complete games and most people have never heard of them.
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:45 pm

I just found and added the newly released prototype Bio Force Ape.. awesome. It's cool how prototype nes games are still being found and released. I removed the movies to save room and I'm going through them and adding in my own and transferring from the other NES gamebase info about each game such as genre,developer and all that happy stuff.. which is very time consuming and really doesn't effect the games themselves in anyway but I guess it is nice for the sake of completeness. I will need a new combine effort splash screen eventually before I release this on underground gamer probably next month.. This isn't really my area of expertise and besides he does it better than I could anyway.. so if you're out there and you want to do this, please let me know. I also like your little icons for everything so I incorporated those as well and I got your latest updated release and added in any music files I was missing so that's cool as well. Together we can make the most kick butt NES gamebase ever.. I also might release my update N64 gamebase in awhile.. I really want a better emulator though.. if anyone has the newest PJ64 full version that I didn't have the money to buy or something better please let me know. One of the reasons it has taken so long is that I got every single Nintendo Power from the NES era online and have isolated any sections specific to each game and added them to that specific game.. including any NES players guides.. and codes. but it is very cool. All I have left to do is finish adding the individual game info stuff and adding any more prototypes I come across.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”