Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

gamebase amstrad cpc

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:00 pm

Please can you release a download of the missing game files, there are a lot missing
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:36 pm

Greetings,
The purpose of this specific Gamebase is very different from the other ones released so far: I only aim to include original material. As such, while I have to link the games to actual roms (this is a little Gamebase quirk), I only release dumps from the originals. Feel free to add the missing roms, but do not distribute them as they have no place in GBCPC (Unless they are dumps from the originals - Please contact me if you have any that is not included in GBCPC).
I will eventually get all my originals dumped, but that could take some time.

Loic
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:16 pm

Nice one ldaneels. 8)

Love the update. :D
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:48 am

Hello,

I have finally added all the original dumps I had to GBCPC & am currently adding all the freewares from Bollaware, Odisoft & LMC. In short, the next update should happen relatively quickly (I have already added 20 games to GBCPC).

If by any chance someone can put me in contact with Roland Barthel or Sigurd Fauser from Bollaware, I would greatly appreciate it (the email address on their website is not working). The same for Georg Godenthal from Odiesoft.

I hope you are having great fun playing your favorites from yesteryear & finding new ones,

Loic

@.mad.: glad you are enjoying GBCPC, feel free to leave any suggestions, corrections... you may have.
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:08 pm

AWESOMENESS :shock:
I can't believe I never noticed this thread before.
Keep up the good work. :D
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:32 am

Hi all,
I am done adding games to the V4 update of GBCPC & am working on redoing scans that I was not happy with. I am moving back to France on May 9th & plan on getting as many scans redone before I leave. After that I may not have as much free time (or a computer for that matter) for a while.
I plan to either post the files the first week of May or the second week of May depending on whether I can meet Sensey in person.
Keep watching this thread :)

Loic
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 am

Greetings,
I have finally uploaded the two files for Sensey. As far as I am aware, he is out of town until the 14th, but after that he should be able to host the files & will post the links on CPCRulez (http://cpcrulez.free.fr/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=30).
As for me, I am leaving for France tomorrow & I don't think I will be able to check my emails & the forums too often. That being said, if there are any problems with the files I will try to fix them.
This new release includes 505 entries & many scans have been redone. I have not had the time to modify the readme, but I don't think it would be too difficult to figure out how to update / install (the instructions should be the same as the last release anyway...).
The next update will take quite a while to arrive, but I will get to it eventually (well, I need a computer & scanner first). I will probably take advantage of this time to modify some elements in GBCPC (naming conventions especially).
Enjoy,

Loic
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

GBCPC V4 released

Tue May 20, 2008 8:55 am

Greetings,
I could only upload the update from V3 to V4 before leaving. Unfortunately, I won't be able to upload the full release for a (long) while.
Here is the link to the update:
http://hosting.ze-raw.org/gbcpc/GBCPCV4Update.rar
Here is the link to the previous full release:
http://hosting.ze-raw.org/gbcpc/GBCPCV3Full.rar
For those who have already installed V3, you only need to install the V4 update. Otherwise, you will have to download & install GBCPCV3Full first and then GBCPCV4Update. Please note that a lot of files will need to be overwritten in the process. No need to worry, this is normal as I have re-scanned a lot of covers, manuals & disks.
Enjoy,

Loic
kroton181

Thu May 29, 2008 9:27 am

You are a total legend. Your work is appreciated. Good Luck in France.

:D :D :D :D
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 am

Hi all,
Long time no post... Unfortunately, I still don't have easy access to a computer. That being said, there is a very good chance I will finally get settled by the end of June (I should know for sure tomorrow). Then I can start working on GBCPC again, as I must admit I miss working on the project. Well, I would still need to receive all my boxes, but I should be able to find a 100 games to add fairly easily...
I have already found a few rarities I had left at my home before I left 10 years ago & there should be more at my sister's. I just hope she didn't decide to throw them away...
At any rate, keep your eyes peeled for more good news,

Loïc

PS: thanks, Kroton181, I am glad you are enjoying the project & it's always nice to hear some encouragement.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:13 pm

if my eyes were any more peeled they would be oranges!
:shock:
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:26 pm

I've had a brief look at it seems very good apart from one thing..
Why oh why did you have to stick all the scans as pdfs??

:(
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:23 pm

@.mad. : this would be bad for your health, but tasty nonetheless :)

@Belgarath : PDF allows to compile a large amount of scans into one easily browsable file. To be sure, when I get started on the Microprose games, PDF will be a life saver (it already is with some Ocean games). Other than that, the reader is very easily accessible by anyone & more importantly free. If anyone has any alternate suggestions, I am all hear, though, I am not afraid to do a major overhaul if it is worth it (if the last update is any indication, at least)... Other than that, if you wish to retrieve the scans from the PDF file, that should be possible, I know Kukulcan has been doing it for Phenixinformatique. Let me know & I can check with him.
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeh I'd like to remove the scans from the pdfs, I thought it might be possible but I've got no idea how to do it so if you could find out that would be great :)
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Ok, I'll check with Kukulcan. I'll keep you posted.
As a sidenote, why do you need to do that ? If the idea is sound, I might just go ahead & change the format myself...

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”