Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

gamebase amstrad cpc

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 pm

That did it! I had to delete the entire line, since there were a ton of spaces as part of the line. Before, I was removing the type after "AUTOTYPE=", but there many spaces remaining that I didn't know about. Once I removed the entire line, including all the additional spaces, and re-typed "AUTOTYPE=", the games now start up automatically after selecting. CPCE automatically recognizes my Logitech gamepad also. Thanks for the help!
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 pm

No problem, glad that fixed it. That being said it is an annoyance & I hope James can fix that with the next release of Gamebase...
johnny olsen

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 pm

It is possible to autorun games with WinAPE all you
have to do is add this script.

Add_CLP(%gamepathfile% /A)
Run_Emulator()
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks a lot, that works like a charm. Right now I only have Rick Dangerous 128+ using WinAPE, but since I can autorun now, I will try the games that don't work with CPCE & link them to WinAPE. Plus I will get started on the CPC+ cartridge games, so it will come in handy :)
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Great news !
James Burrows is continuing work on Gamebase & GBCPC will be even more thorough will fields for graphic artists, link to web pages, multi-columns display,....
I am very excited to update all the entries to bring you even more details & functionnalities. Even better, you can join us on the Gamebase thread to suggest new ideas, features... Here is the link http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=120
As a side note, the problem with the "autotype=" line will be fixed with the next release. Hurray !
The downside of the new releases is that it will take me some time to update all the games to use Gamebase fully. Well, it is worth it I'd say...
Cheers,

Loïc
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Well, it has been a long time since I last posted an update on GBCPC.
I am almost done adding the games, but I want to redo every entry so it uses the new features of Gamebase. There is obviously quite a bit of work, but the end result will be worth it.
I have also shifted my efforts to the tape games, so many of the early (& late sometimes) classics have made their way into GBCPC.
All in all, there is a lot of work involved, but I hope to release the update by the end of the month.
Cheers,

Loïc
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, I am done adding new games for the V13 update & am going to focus on filling the new fields in Gamebase. That's 1300 games, so it might take me a while...
As a side note & since there are some big changes in the current Gamebase beta, I will only release the full version this time (that & the fact that I mistakenly deleted the update folder...).
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:07 am

So, what can you expect from the V13 ?
- As usual 100 new softwares added to the database (101 actually)
- a fix for the CPCE Autotype problem
- all games are linked to emulators (there are very few exceptions that can't be auto-launched)
- full use of the new Gamebase features
- a developper field, so no more U.S. Gold / Atari for exemple. That would become U.S. Gold for publisher & Atari for developper
- a graphic artist field !
- a rarity field. Understand that my perception of rarity is subjective & while you may not necessarily agree to all the ratings, it should provide a good guideline for collectors.
- a link to the software page at CPC Power
- a download link to the clean roms
- a review field. At the moment I am not using it, but as soon as I am mostly done scanning the games, I will add & aggregate review scores from CPC magazines.
- Ability to display multiple columns !
- an "extras" sidebar for quick access to the extras
- plus many more features courtesy of James Burrows

For the moment I am done revising the games up to the letter L. This is very hard work & am devoting my entire time to updating all fields. Hopefully I can be done by the end of next week.
Cheers,

Loïc
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Idaneels,
this sounds very good :shock:
waiting for your update :wink:
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
joice

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:53 pm

great work!

thank you
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 am

Good news !
I am done updating all 1300 games & will be releasing the full V13 GBCPC within the next few days.
I still need to rewrite the readme & upload the files to CPC-Power, but compared to what I just finished, this is nothing.
One thing is for sure, I am not looking forward to doing something like that anytime soon (but I will if it is worth it) !
Well, back to it. I will keep you posted & let you all know when the database is ready for download.
Cheers,

Loïc
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Gamebase CPC V13

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi everybody,
I am done uploading the new version. Please note that this time, only the full version is available given the huge amount of changes to Gamebase (many thanks to James Burrows).
All you need to know is on http://www.cpc-power.com/gamebasecpc/
Hope you like the revamped Gamebase CPC :)

Loïc
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Great news, ldaneels :D
Thanks for your Superb CPC-Gamebase !
Have you ever count the Hours, you've spend in this project :roll:
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks for the update! I noticed under "Download full GCPC" , the last link on the bottom, "GBCPC V13 readme + installers.rar", doesn't lead to anything but a blank page. If I right-click it and select "save link as" in firefox, it comes up as "download.php". Is the link not working, and do I need it?
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:57 am

@Vicman: Thanks for the cheer. As for counting the hours I spent on the database, I'd rather not as I might realize I have no life :)

@Oknihcap: you most definitely need this file as it is the Gamebase install files & the readme. I have re-uploaded the file, so give it another try.

EDIT: it seems the filename was the problem. I have renamed it to Install.rar & it is working fine now

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”