Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Acorn GameBase avilable

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:19 pm

That's a damn shame, think i'll go & have a quick blast on the ST version.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun May 29, 2011 3:45 pm

It seems I still can't get RPCEmu to work with this gamebase. I added the line to the end of the script as mentioned, and it does bring up the emulator, but it doesn't even look like the game gets mounted from what I can tell. When I click on the :0 drive, a popup window in the emulator says:

Error when reading ADFS::0.$ - Disc not understood - has it been formatted?

If I manually mount the game from the working gamebase folder, then it loads the game, but it seems the games don't function correctly either in this emulator. The speeds are hyper-fast, and the games don't seem to play right.

Has anybody gotten RPCEmu running with this?
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Here's an update for this Gamebase (v4.0). Games available now upto 181, but as you can see still load's of games missing. So if you know of any sources for the missing games let me know.

There is still plenty of work to do on this Gamebase, so if anyone is really familar with Arcemulator or the Archimedes in general any assistance would be welcomed as i'm finding the emulation really buggy, a game will run, then you try and load it again and it states disk not formated correctly (not all games, just some).

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b363d73b.html
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-e37c55db.html
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1abb64ca.html
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-5fb2e1a7.html
Author: Gamebase Atari 5200, Gamebase Atari 7800, Gamebase Odyssey 1, Gamebase APF, Gamebase Channel F, Gamebase Action Max, Gamebase VideoBrain.

Contributor: Gamebase Archimedes , GamebaseST, Gamebase RCA Studio II
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks for the update sut, I'd imagine this forum - http://www.iconbar.co.uk/forums/viewthr ... adid=11919 would be your best bet for finding stuff.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm

sut wrote: a game will run, then you try and load it again and it states disk not formated correctly (not all games, just some).
The script isn't ejecting previous game disks, which cause problems.

arc.cfg

Code: Select all

disc_name_1 = C:\GBGame\0\Darkwood (1995) (Eclipse) (Disk 1 of 6).apd
no_borders = 1
hires = 0
fpa = 0
stereo = 1
rom_set = 2
fdc_type = 0
fast_disc = 1
hardware_blit = 1
double_scan = 1
first_fullscreen = 0
full_borders = 0
cpu_type = 1
mem_size = 16384
sound_enable = 1
limit_speed = 1

disc_name_0 = c:\gbgame\0\world class leaderboard (1993) (krisalis).apd
Also remove ZIP from GameType.
The emulator will try and run a ZIP as if it was an ADF, which will result in the unknown format disk error.

;Eject Previous Game Disks from ALL drives
Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_0||)
Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_1||)
Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_2||)
Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_3||)

If GameType CONTAINS(adf||apd)
	Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_0||%gamepathfile%)
End If
Run_Emulator()
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

;Eject Previous Game Disks

Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_1||)
Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_2||)
Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_3||) 

Set_CFG_Value(%emupath%\arc.cfg||disc_name_0||%gamepathfile%)

Run_Emulator()
- That's all the code you need for both Arculator and Arculator APD, Arculator 0.9a should be set to use only .adf and Arculator 0.99 should be set to use only .apd. Not sure what's going on with RPCEmuCaller.exe in RPCemu though or what it's syntax is supposed to be but it should only be set to use .adf, anyone know how to mount a disk in RPCemu? Or better still can any of these emulators be forced to autoboot from floppy?
Last edited by OX on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 pm

The emulator can be configured to use 4 drives.

when the script gets updated to insert data disks in all the drives, you will need to eject all 4 drives. :wink:
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Your right .mad. I was'nt paying full attention :D

There's a much later version of RPCemu here - http://www.marutan.net/rpcemuspoon/#downloads

It would be nice to get these games to autoboot but not sure if that would take some re-configuring of the disk images that the games are on. Any Archie people?
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Ox and .Mad Thanks for help and feedback.

I'm still puzzled Zool cracked version doesn't load anymore on the emulator I uploaded. However if I re-download the emulator and repoint Gamebase there it works fine.
So something must be changing somewhere to stop some games working and bringing up the 'disk formated error'.

So I shall see how long it last's before it becomes 'corrupted' unless the new scripts you've provided stops it happening.
It would be nice to get these games to autoboot but not sure if that would take some re-configuring of the disk images that the games are on. Any Archie people?
I can vaguely remember using an Archimedes at school, but I don't think games autoboot at all on this system including original hardware - I may be wrong but I never saw it, but I only had limited exposure to the system.
Author: Gamebase Atari 5200, Gamebase Atari 7800, Gamebase Odyssey 1, Gamebase APF, Gamebase Channel F, Gamebase Action Max, Gamebase VideoBrain.

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Simon the sorceror manual available here -

amiga-manuals.xiik.net/games/S-Z/Simon%20the%20Sorcerer%20-%20Manual-DE-ENG-FR.rar

It's the full multi lingual one with the compass pictures as needed to run this game.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Zool works in the arcul099 (2009) version of the emulator.
NOT in 0.9a (2007).
That version is old and needs deleting.

swapping back and forth between both versions corrupts it.
maybe changing the cmos setting.
*i have a backup to compare against if it breaks again.

You only need to use the 99 version of the emulator in gamebase for all game types ADF, APD, HDF.

my working zool arc.cfg (riscos3_new)

no_borders = 0
stereo = 1
rom_set = 3
fdc_type = 1
fast_disc = 1
hardware_blit = 1
double_scan = 1
first_fullscreen = 1
full_borders = 0
hires = 0
fpa = 0
cpu_type = 0
mem_size = 4096
sound_enable = 1
limit_speed = 1
disc_name_0 = C:\Gamebase\Archimedes\Zool.adf
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:46 pm

This works for mounting discs in RPCemu - Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([2]%{D}{ENTER}[1]%gamefile%{ENTER}||10)

Not much stuff works in OS4 though
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks again guys, deleted all but latest Arculator and set it for both adf and apd files and seems to be working fine and not corrupting, so must have been like .Mad said switching between the emulators must have been causing the corruption.

Ox thanks for the new RPCEmu script and Simon The Sorceror manual link, I've also updated and added these into the Gamebase.

Anyone have the RiscOS 2 roms ? Maybe some of the non working games will run under the older OS. EDIT: Found them.
Last edited by sut on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Simon the Sorceror hangs after the protection and it's time to change to disk 9 - Would you mind checking your versions and if the same I can note as a emulation issue, cheers.

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 am

The emulation in those emulators seems to be beta level tbh, I wonder how good the MESS Archimedes emulation is?

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”