Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBase Advance

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Tal

GameBase Advance

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:14 pm

Hey all, just announcing that I've started on a GameBoyAdvance GameBase. It will be based on the ROM releases, i.e. #### - [Game] format. at the moment there are about 2500 games released, so when I'm done, the GBA will definitely be a retro console :P

Also, I may decide to do a regular GB/Colour one, but this GBA one only started out as an idea of something to do, and still is, but I'm slowly progressing :D so it may become a reality, but not for a while. If there are any ideas/suggestions to speed up the process (tinkering with the Access file perhaps? - I've tried on a test, but all these errors came up...) they'd be welcomed!

Thanks,

Tal
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:24 pm

i've actually got a gba gamebase up and running, but having a new baby 6 months ago put a serious slowdown on the project, it's got about 900 games in it, with screenshots but no info added yet, all i did to speed up the process to some extent was to import a romcenter datfile and then edit it through gamebase manually, ie: remove all non english releases, but like i said having a new baby and already having a 3yr old comes first, you also need to go through each game and test what sort of save option it needs like eeprom or if it needs a bios rom, i have 3 different emus setup for this problem ie: vba 1.7 bios on, vba 1.7 bios off and vba 1.7 eeprom save, until i get some sparetime and work out how to implement this through gemus it'll have to stay that way, if you're interested in taking a look let me know and i'll mail you the database
Tal

Sure!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:36 pm

Yeah, sure I'd love it! I'll PM you my email address now!
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:29 pm

pm me again, i deleted your message by mistake :oops:
hape

Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:32 pm

Any news on this subject?

I would love to have this database!
Can I help in some way?

Cheers
hape
Methanoid

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:53 am

Isn't a lot of the data you want available via the OfflineList GBA data files which are in XML and also via the website for www.advanscene.com ??

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”